Monday, October 13, 2014

The Day I Got My Dog!


It was an ordinary day, or so I thought. We where just leaving my grandparents farm when my dad pulled over by the resale shop, he said " How about we go in and see what they have?" I just wanted to go home. I told him " Can we please go home?" but little did I know that my grandparents had just passed us in their red car, I was not paying attention.

         Finally my dad said " Ok, we can check the resale shop out another time." I was happy that we started driving, I had noticed that the car was quite lonely without my 5 year old brother, but I obviously I did not know we would have company soon. Then after around 15 minutes of driving, I real we had stopped in front of a small house. I asked where we where, but unfortunately no one noticed, they just got out of the car, so did I.

Then the most un-expected thing happened, a lady walked out of the house, and right behind her was a puppy, not just a regular old puppy, it was a bloodhound puppy, he was pretty big, I think he followed in his dads footsteps. I just stood there staring, I finally spoke up and said " Is he mine?" I was out of breath, then I leaned down slowly trying not to scare the puppy. Then he walked up to me and liked me. My whole face as covered in drool, but I did not mind, I finally had a dog of my own. My grandparents where standing near me, I had just figured out that we had been following them to get here and that the resale shop was just so the could get in front of us. Everyone was asking if I had chosen a name, I did not expect to get a dog, even though I had been begging, so I had not thought of any names yet.

   Then the best name I could think of that fit him very well was...
Buddy, of course, how had I not thought of it before. Then we left and on my lap was the big puppy, Buddy!   THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment